- 4 cup idli batter
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup capsicum, grated
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds(rai)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- Curry leaves, few
- Water as required for idli steaming
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Heat oil in pan add hing, haldi, jeera, rai, curry leaves and red chilli powder.
- In a deep bowl mix idli batter, coriander leaves, green chillies, carrot, capsicum, fried seasoning and salt.
- Pour the batter in the idli moulds greased with oil.
- Put them in an idli cooker.
- Steam for around 15 to 20 minutes till the idlis are done.
- Let it be in the steamer for 5 more minutes.
- Scoop it out with a help of a spoon greased with oil.
- Serve hot with sambar nd chutney.
Sending this healthy Carrot and Capsicum Idli Recipe to HLI - Carrots event by Kalyani.