3:57 AM | Publish by Shilpa
2:29 AM | Publish by Shilpa
- 2-3 carrots, grated
- 2 cup wheat flour (1 more cup to use dry while rolling parathas)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp ajwain
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Butter/Ghee for paratha as required
- Peel carrots and grate them using a fine grater. Squeeze grated carrots to drain out the liquid inside it.
- Take a large bowl and add grated squeezed carrots to it. Add all the ingredients ie. dhaniya powder, red chilli powder and ajwain.
- Add salt.
- Add wheat and amchur powder to it.
- Mix grated
carrots properly with all the ingredients.
- Mix grated carrots, wheat flour and 2 table-spoons of ghee(optional) and knead it well. Add little water at a time to get soft smooth dough. Please note that as time passes, carrots loose there water and the dough can become too soft or sticky to roll.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Use dry flour to dust your hand, rolling board and the rolling pin.
- Now, take small balls of dough and roll it into a small chapati.
- On a preheated tava, roast carrot paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface.
- Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
it off from the tava and crispy hot carrot parathas are ready to serve.
- You can have them hot with green chutney, curd or pickle of your choice.