- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (almonds ,pistachios, etc)
- Boil the milk in a large pan till it thickens to some extent.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the thickened milk and stir constantly till the milk becomes granular.
- Remove it from flame.
- Strain it and hang up in a muslin cloth to drain out excess water.
- No need of kneading the paneer, keep it aside.
- Heat up the left over milk, till it reduces to half of its volume.
- Add the paneer and boil till the mixture thickens by stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and mix well. Cook for five or ten minutes longer till the mixture thickens again.
- Keep on stirring till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Remove from flame and pour on to a greased plate. Sprinkle the chopped cashews and sliced pistachios on top. Cut into pieces after it cools.
- Your favorite Kalakand is ready to eat.
Sending this Kalakand Recipe to Diwali Special – Sweets & Savories event by Radhika.