- Pavs (square shaped soft buns about 4" x 5" size)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup capsicum , finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, boiled
- 1 big potato, boiled
- Ginger 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Garlic 2 tsp, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pav-bhaji masala powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Salted Butter to taste
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Oil
cauliflower and potato till soft, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and onions. Saute till light brown.
- Add green chilies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously.
salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder.
- Add coriander powder.
- Add capsicum
- Add boiled cauliflower and potatoes
- Add pav bhaji masala powder.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Add one and half cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
- Cook on medium heat for few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Heat half of the butter in a thick-bottomed pan or a tawa. Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute, pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown. Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.
For the pavs:
- Heat butter in a thick-bottomed pan or tawa.
- Slit open the pavs from the middle.
- Apply butter on both the sides of pav & place them on a pre-heated frying pan.
- When they get golden brown from both the sides take them off.
the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, butter and serve hot with pav
accompanied with chopped onion along with coriander leaves and lemon