- 1 cup moong beans (green moong dal)
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted & ground
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Butter or Oil as required
- Wash rice and moong dal in water and soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse. Grind to a fine paste using a little water. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Cook sesame seeds over medium heat till they are golden brown in color. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Keep it aside.
- In a batter, mix roasted sesame seeds.
- Add roasted peanut to the batter.
- Now add finely chopped curry leaves to it.
- Now add finely chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Now add cumin seeds to it.
- Finally add salt to it.
- Place your non-stick pan and using a serving spoon spread the batter over medium-high heat.
- With the back of a spoon, quickly spread the batter outward.
- Spread the batter on the pan to look like the base of pizza.
- Spread a tsp of butter on sides of the dosa and also some on it.
- Once the base gets cooked carefully turn dosa with the help of a spatula.
- Your butter moong rice dosa is ready to eat :).
Sending this to Dosa recipes event.
Also sending to Flavours of South India event.